February 14th – 18th, 2022
Virtual program, live presentation via Zoom, Pacific Time Zone
This program has been approved for CPD hours
WHO WE ARE:
Since 1990 Hill Advisory Services Inc. has been investigating cases of harassment, discrimination and workplace violence in industries across Canada. We provide training to management, labour relations, human resource staff and internal investigators in the same safe, reliable and respectful techniques that we use to conduct fair, thorough and effective investigations.
Harassment Investigation Level One utilizes a combination of theory-based lectures and hands-on practical exercises involving group tasks and investigation scenarios with professional actors. Participants will work through a range of topics from the start to the conclusion of an investigation – from the taking of initial statements through to witness interviews to final report writing. Through an effective balance of theory and practical exercises the experienced investigators and facilitators of Hill Advisory Services present a wide array of information via lectures, handouts and participatory exercises. The areas of practical learning in Level One include:
- The legal and ethical roles and responsibilities of investigators
- Investigator questioning techniques
- What investigators require
- Preparing for the investigation and interview
- Conducting the interview
- Assessing information and evidence
- The mechanics of final report writing (samples of reports)
- The principals of civil law as they relate to the process
- Witness Statements
- Report analysis
Harassment Investigation Level Two:
After a course on the fundamentals of Harassment (or any) Investigation it can be tempting to consider yourself an expert. This is something we discuss with every class. The danger is very real. Feeling as if you are an expert can lead to lack of flexibility or a closed-minded approach. This can be deadly in the highly emotional and high-stakes landscape of conflict in the workplace.
In Level Two we truly take it to the next level. In addition to more complex interviews, we will advance the conversation to explore the Art of interviewing and the subtleties, not just the basics. In Level Two we will ask more of you and our program focuses intensely on the immediate feedback of our experienced facilitator.
During Level Two, the majority of time in the Program is spent on interviewing witnesses; with interviews occurring throughout the whole program. Participants are guided through interviewing witnesses; developing a witness statement, and preparing questions for the witnesses. On the completion of witness interviews, participants prepare for and conduct re-direct interviews with the primary parties. Level Two study materials are provided to each participant prior. The areas of practical learning in Level Two are:
- Interview Preparation
- Witness Interviews
- Statement Development
- Preparation for re-direct interviews
- Re-direct interviews
- Weighing evidence and forming conclusions
- Providing evidence to support conclusions
PRICING & DATES:
Investigation Level One – 3 day program – February 14th, 15th, 16th, 2022
$1,150.00 + GST (Virtual via Zoom, Pacific Time Zone)
Course start time is 9AM PST daily.
Investigation Level One & Two – 5 day program – February 14th – 18th, 2022
$2,150.00 + GST (Virtual via Zoom, Pacific Time Zone)
Already attended Level One? Join us for Level Two, February 17th & 18th, 2022
Start time is 9am PST daily, contact us for detailed/daily timing: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Registration Deadline is December 20th, 2021
- This program has been approved for CPD hours
HOW TO REGISTER:
- Online registration is available here.
- Upon registering, Hill Advisory Services will contact each attendee to confirm availability and provide an invoice & payment options.
- Questions, multiple attendee registration or in-house training requests can be direct to Sheri Swain, email@example.com, or 204-831-7661.
“Upon completing the Harassment Investigation Training, I felt much more equipped to handle complaints of harassment and other workplace issues that came to me.” – Testimonial